Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cat Feces

Thought I would try some new nail polish this week (insert weird phantom fingers holding bottle of polish here).

Warning: When working with children, they WILL be honest with you. Always.

"Do I look fat in this?"
"Yea, I can see lumps where it should be smooth."

"Do you like my haircut?"
"Oh, that was an on purpose thing?"

"Just got these shoes!"
"Those look WEIRD."

I have learned not to ask for their opinion ever. As soon as they start to say anything about my appearance, I cut them off with witty repartee.

"Mrs. J., is that--"
"--yes, I'm fabulous." (Is that not witty repartee? Beg your pardon. Of course they're 9, so they wouldn't know witty repartee if it stole their gummi snacks and shoved them up their nostrils. Which they probably do for funsies anyway, so. That is that.)

Back to my nail polish. A second grader walked up to me to compliment my nails.

"Thank you! Go away now."
"It's super pretty."
"Yes, well, that's why I put it on my nails."
"It looks like kitty poop."

Ah yes. The tippity top height of compliments.

Being compared to cat turds.

You're welcome kitty poo. I make you look fabulous.

7 comments:

Morgan Reece said...

hahahah that made me laugh hard.
if it makes you feel any better...i love the grey...had it on a couple weeks ago. no worries.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i really like the new nail polish..very pretty!

Mrs. Eckelmann said...

Nothing can slip by a bunch of kiddos!

Amber said...

Hahah.

I don't know what else to say. Hilarious.

Watch out, one day, your own children will also be WAY too honest. And when it's behind closed doors, there's no telling what's going to come out of their mouths. Trust me on this...

Amber said...

By the way, that's totally a pinterest picture. Pin it

Savannah said...

You're the best blogger ever, your post are always so funny! I miss you! Also, you're my hero, therefore I'm going back to school to study ElEd. For real. Love you. Bye.

Jenniland said...

You make kitty poop look uber glam! Maybe, and I'm just throwing this out for giggles, you should quit your job and be a hand model...just don't let Mugatu hire you!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com