Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Teacher's Pet of my Closet

Every single piece of clothing in my closet is my favorite. And it's not like, "Oh, every student is my favorite student, they are all my favorites!" favorite. Because we all know that's not true. Teachers have favorites and that is le fact.

Back to my closet. Focus.

This was written right after I purchased my favorite thing in my closet (complete post here: My Blue Suede Shoes). I feel like I couldn't write two blogs about one pair of shoes. That would make me a crazy person.

 I bought FABULOUS bright blue shoes for the wedding. And by bright I mean.. well, they are bright. I adore them. As much as someone can love an inanimate object, I love these shoes. I tried them on with the dress. It was an exciting moment. The tailor just sat there and looked at them. She kept saying, "Wow.. they are bright," which we all know means, "What bloody hell are you wearing?" So then, because no one else had seen these shoes and I needed some affirmation that I did indeed do the right thing by buying bright blue shoes, I started telling some people. You know, wandering around the area, yelling, "HEY, I BOUGHT BLUE SHOES FOR MY WEDDING, TELL ME YOU LOVE ME AND MY EXTRAORDINARY FASHION SENSE!" No no no, I am not that desperate for attention. (I have a blog, and people who blog are never desperate for attention. Go on keep reading all about me and my fab, exciting life. Hahaha..) Anyway, I told a couple people when they asked how things were going with the wedding. Don't worry. And then THEY said, "Ohhh, blue.." Hmmm... So I am walking down the aisle in blue shoes, people. The greater surrounding Vegas area may disagree with my choices, but they can suck it. 


Read other peoples' fascination with inanimate objects here... 


Life of Love


For an explanation of these photos and why we're in the middle of the desert: My Trashy Dress

5 comments:

Alyssa @ Sweet Shangrila said...

I LOVE your blue shoes!!! Oh my gosh I so want to wear bright shoes on my wedding day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting!! :) I tried to reply, but there isn't an email to reply to. :(

I'm moving back to Washington, so mom and I are doing a road trip across the country. Her best friend lives in Vegas, so we stopped for a few days! :) You're right - it's SO hot here. AC feels great.

Happy Tuesday!

Sar said...

To be fair, you had the coolest blue shoes EVER! Also, Meghan (above me) I'm pretty sure knows Kristi Baumgartner (err...Garguile. We all went to junior high together, and then Meghan and Kristi went to CK (I don't actually know if y'all know each other).

ej said...

I thought she looked familiar! I was thinking that was the connection, but I wasn't sure, so thanks for clearing it up. what a small blogging world. :)

Kerri Carrie said...

Wow. Gorgeous. I like the bold choice - I mean who says you HAVE to wear white shoes with a white wedding dress...the choice should be entirely up to you and I think you made a marvellous choice :) they look gorgeous!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com