Friday, July 6, 2012

My Alter Ego

My alter ego is a badass. (i.e. things I will never do. Or be.)

-She dyes her hair black and pink, and has uneven blunt bangs in differing lengths. (I used to go to shows/concerts back when I could stay up past 10. I have blonde hair and wear flip flops. Needless to say, I didn't fit in. But all the girls that went to the shows always had sweet hair that I am sure their parents didn't approve of. I wanted hair that my parents didn't approve of. Alas, I am boring and prefer natural colors. There were select few times in my life that I did something "different" to my hair. I have included these pictures for your enjoyment. I'll have you know the mullet was REALLY popular in the 90s. I think. Although I consistently wore my blue basketball tee-shirt jersey, floral leggings, and black high top converses outfit to school as well, so there is that.)

weird dread-ish things
brown hair
mullet
sad mullet

-She wears a black leather pantsuit and boots a la Kate Beckinsale in Underworld. (Please see Leather Pantsuits and Bustiers: My Alter Ego's Business Casual for a detailed recount of my obsession with this particular outfit.)

-She is a ballerina. (I was once a ballerina for a very short time. I was going to be a butterfly in the recital. I came down with a raging case of chickenpox, and could not be in the recital. I watched in the back. I felt like a leper. My ballet career shortly ended after that. Due to this unfortunate series of events, I have it in my head that I could have been a professional ballerina if I had never gotten the chicken pox. This has ultimately led to me dancing "ballerina-y" around the room after watching ballets, musicals, So You Think You Can Dance, etc. My husband may or may not know that I do this. I also buy things that I think ballerinas would wear. See below. I also twirl way too much in skirts. But that's just because I love skirts and twirling. Who doesn't?

Lessons:
1) Never attempt the mullet. Ever again.
b) Invest in some leather and diversify my wardrobe.
III) Continue to dance in living room in full ballerina regalia.


Life of Love






No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com