Sunday, July 18, 2010

7 hours later..

Last full day of no work before we leave for Tahoe.. needless to say we [are] very busy. Well, Andy is. He is working on some labels for the tables and he believes I am typing the ceremony programs. He must think the programs are very long and wordy.

FULL day of running around in the 115 degree heat. It was so hot, I went to go get my makeup done (for wedding day assistance - First of all, I had two women working on me and my face. They kept discussing what they were doing or what they should do to my eyeballs in this secret makeup language that I didn't understand really. Then they told me what they were doing so I could repeat the look on Saturday. Sorry lady, I do not speak MACanese. Then, after they work on me for a bit, they tell me to open my eyes to see their product, i.e. me. They look at you like you are no longer a person, but a canvas they are painting. Ladies, you all know what I am talking about. They look at you then cock their head while they evaluate their work. Then I keep hearing them say, "She has a lot of space you can work with, keep adding color. Yes, looottsss of space. You have a lot of space, do you know that?" What exactly do you say when someone tells you that you have a lot of space on your eye? "Thank you"? "Great, this should make your job easier, so it better look good"? "I know, I should rent it out for some extra income"? So pretty much I just nodded like a nodding thing while I sat in the chair. Will I be able to repeat this look for the wedding? No, I will not. But I did walk around with two different looking eyes the whole day because they wanted to show me two different looks. I was too lazy to take it all off and the result was that some teenage girls most likely thought it was the new thing, and high school this fall will be full of trendsetting young women with different looking eyeballs. Hahaha... ok, maybe not, but that would be a funny story, I believe. Ok back to my original thought. I bet you already forgot and so did I so I am going to scroll up and find out. ah yess.. I remember)and my new foundation, blusher, and bronzer done gone slid right off my face! What a pretty look it was. Not.

Next thought, because I have really no idea where I was going with the other one. Andy had a very, VERY similar reaction to his wedding shoes today as I had to mine. I thought it was only fair I talk about it since I had a whole post dedicated to my blue shoes. He walks over with shoes in hand and states, "These are the shoes." I said the same about mine. He goes on about how much he loves these shoes. Yes, said that, too. We get home, he tries on the shoes AGAIN with the whole outfit. Yup, did that. He begins to dance around a little with a giant grin on his face, saying, "These shoes are so PIMP!" I did not do that. He won't take them off and continues to dance. He is in the valley of the carefree and crazy, so I do not disturb. Yay, we both love our shoes!

Like I said before, if you are doing a DIY wedding, find someone who is more creative than you. So it really isn't a DIY wedding, it's more of a GSETDI (Get Someone Else to Do It) wedding. Ohhhh I kid. Sort of. So Mutti, I thank you in advance for a fabulous GSETDI wedding. She literally constructed a table out of beach wood for the wedding programs. (That I am .. ahem.."working" on right now..) So when you see this homemade beach wood table, know the artsy thing made it. Also the table runners. Also the centerpieces. Also the wedding favor tray. Also the name places. Well she didn't make the name place rocks, Earth made the rocks, but she did cool things to them. So a big thank you to Earth as well.

Ok, now I really will start working on the programs. Otherwise no one will know what is going on up there. Well, everyone will THINK they know what's going on but really we will be chatting about politics, current events, chipotle burritos, the 2 for 20 applebees deal, name brand cereal vs. off brand, etc. You know, normal ceremony chat. After everyone thinks we're good and married, we will kiss, and the joke is on you! And us, I suppose, as then we won't be married. Well I did not think about that. Ok ok, ceremony will go as planned, you convinced me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erin my dear... makeup is what i do you know. so, if you want even less of a DIY and more of .. whatever you called the one where people help you instead.. then I will totally help you if you want it chica..
You crack me up everyday when I read these things. Andy is a lucky guy! lol

ej said...

Ali, I just figured out how to read these things!! I just got this message! I am SO SAD I did not get this 3 weeks ago. Of course you do make-up, I feel so stupid! Now I am sad... :( Will you please do my make up for some other event? Like a makeshift bachelorette party with you and Erica? :) Also, need to make an appointment with you at your new place...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com