Ok, not suede, but I couldn't very well leave it as just "Blue Shoes," could I? I bought FABULOUS bright blue shoes for the wedding. And by bright I mean.. well, they are bright. I adore them. As much as someone can love an inanimate object, I love these shoes. I tried them on with the dress. It was an exciting moment. The tailor just sat there and looked at them. She kept saying, "Wow.. they are bright," which we all know means, "What bloody hell are you wearing?" So then, because no one else had seen these shoes and I needed some affirmation that I did indeed do the right thing by buying bright blue shoes, I started telling some people. You know, wandering around the area, yelling, "HEY, I BOUGHT BLUE SHOES FOR MY WEDDING, TELL ME YOU LOVE ME AND MY EXTRAORDINARY FASHION SENSE!" No no no, I am not that desperate for attention. (I have a blog, and people who blog are never desperate for attention. Go on keep reading all about me and my fab, exciting life. Hahaha..) Anyway, I told a couple people when they asked how things were going with the wedding. Don't worry. And then THEY said, "Ohhh, blue.." Hmmm... So I am walking down the aisle in blue shoes, people. The greater surrounding Vegas area may disagree with my choices, but they can suck it.
Our wedding favors will either be worthless pieces of paper or gobs of money. What is it??? you say. Scratch tickets! Have you ever bought a hundred dollars worth of scratch tickets at one time? One, they will ID you and two, you have to convince the cashier that you do not have a gambling problem. It is more difficult than it sounds, as how do you convince someone of that? Especially when my ID states that I live in Las Vegas, NV. The short and short of it is we have excellent (or really crappy, depending on your luck) wedding favors.
Lake Tahoe forbids us to throw flowers on the beach (even though trees in the springtime do not get in trouble, riddle me that) so I made wands for the flowers girls. They have ribbons and flowers and you can wave them around and everything. Secret confession: I think I would like a wand as well for the march down the aisle. It would go fab with my shoes, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I definitely want a wand. I love wands. And I think your blue shoes sound fabulous. You wear what you like on your wedding day. It's part of the deal.
Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.
Post a Comment