Apparently the Pacific Northwest has a distinct culture.
Before I left and moved down to the desert, I assumed
this way of life was standard. It is not. Whilst I was
visiting Washington state, I decided to capture some
of that culture in photos. There is no way I could
describe this kind of stuff in words. Except I actually
do. If any of my readers (all 3 of you) have any
pictures of PNW culture they would like to add, please
send my way. I was really wanting to get the place in
Seattle with coffee shops on all four corners. Am I
making that up? I swear I have seen it. Maybe in
movies. (Note: I am in no way poking fun at any of
these things. I love these things. Sort of how you love
the weirdy uncle at your Christmas party. Totally
wonkadoo, but you would be sad if he didn't come.
Also, he gives good gifts.)
There are coffee shops on EVERY corner. You may
think I am exaggerating. I am not. A lot of them dabble
in coffee art. The one at the bottom is my own mother's
attempt at coffee art, albeit abstract coffee art (i.e. plop
some foam on top of a latte).
![]() |
| Coffee |
![]() |
| even more coffee |
![]() |
| and more coffee (I actually used to work at this one! fun history lesson.) |
![]() |
| So abstract. |
An inordinate number of Subarus, Volvos, and Volkswagens.
![]() |
| Subarus. Subari. |
Eco-friendly EVERYTHING. Thank you,
Washington.You will save us all.
![]() |
| Solar trash compactors. WHAT? How does this even work?! |
A... different... style of dressing. They must dress for
all types of weather so this fashion naturally makes sense.
![]() |
| the outfit of the day. everyday. northface gear, socks and walking sandals, vests, and pants with all the pockets you will ever need. ever. |
Organic everything. Not like go to the store
and buy organic. Organic as in go to the farm
that is your backyard and grab the eggs and
milk the cow organic. Organasmic.
![]() |
| Yes, this is exactly what is sounds like. Tour chicken coops. |
Miss you, Washington! Stay green. xoxo, e.








1 comment:
Oh man, the greatest thing about walking clothes is the amount of pockets. The more compartments to store my crap, the better! That's why I like bags with millions of secret compartments. (They're not secret, but I like to think they are...)
Post a Comment