Monday, June 17, 2013

My Mermaid Hero

Did anyone else love The Little Mermaid as creepily and obsessively as I did?

I drew pictures of mermaids all the time. The one I did last week was fantastic.

I also liked to pretend I was Ariel splashing up on the rock. Except my rock was the bathtub. (Part of your WOOOORRRRLLLLLLLD....)

It got to the point I was swimming improperly because I refused to move both my legs in the pool. As in I would stick my two legs together like a giant fin (or a stump) and wiggle around a lot, slowly drifting to the bottom of the pool. I am sure I looked like I was drowning all the time.

And then, the coup de resistance.... I wore leggings. On my head.

As you are well aware by now, I had a mullet. (My reasoning is as follows: When I popped my head out of the water, I didn't want hair in my eyes. I also wanted long hair. Ipso facto... the mullet was born.) Well, I wanted even LONGER hair as the mullet just wasn't giving me the Ariel look I was striving for. So most of my days were spent running around the house with red leggings atop my head.

So chic.

On a side note, do you have any leggings lying around? Preferably red, but really any color will do.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I totally swam like a mermaid and projected myself upward like that rock! I grew up near the ocean and I always believed if I went out far enough I would meet one... much to my mother's dismay who was terrified I would get sucked into a rip tide lol

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com