DIY Invites - To paste and go slightly into the valley of the insane or not to paste and stay blissfully unaware?
Warning: Do NOT attempt DIY invites without some capable people who are capable of capabilities beyond your capabilities. I just so happen to be related to TWO crafty, artsy things who have skills beyond my own - I apparently did not get that gene. The only gene I got from them was some flat feet that cause shin splints and bad knees. Thank you, oh crafty ones. I digress.
So. I imagine myself creating my invites all from scratch. It is raining outside and the hearth has a fire and we're watching movies and I am cutting and pasting and creative juices are flowing out of me like a freaking garden hose. NOPE. We don't even have a hearth. There is folding and cutting and a lot of I don't know what I am doing...also, it is a touch difficult to find nice, poety words that pretty much say, "HEY! We're getting hitched and you should party with us!" without saying, "Mr. and Mrs. blah blah blah request the honor of your presence at the marriage of Ima Nut and Ben Dover."
But the good thing about the DIY invites was that everything came from our 'ol noodles! (obviously with ideas stolen from more crafty people on the interweb.) If you know people with art laden genes, I highly recommend the DIY route - then you can be the director in charge of making decisions, and the crafty people can craft it for you! A win-win. Except for the crafty people. They don't win - so buy them a cookie or something.
Conclusion: Thanks Mom and Deb. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment