Andy has purchased his day of wedding outfit. I cannot tell you what it looks like as it is bad luck to read about the groom's suit before the wedding day. Now he is freaking out over his wedding shoes. Join the club, Andy.
Chapter 2 - Wedding Bands
Shopping for diamonds is overwhelming and stressful. Don't listen to girls who say it's fun. They are crazy. The only girls who think it is fun are either a) richie mcrichersons or b)their fiance's family are richie mcrichersons. Also, I don't know what any of the letters or numbers mean that are attached to the diamonds. The salesperson and Andy were trying to explain it to me and it sounded like a foreign language. And I was the person who was visiting this crazy country, speaking louder at the locals, thinking that would help me communicate with them. It did not. We ended up developing secret codes. So that was fun. And we both got rings we luuuuurrrved! Andy's ring is made of spaceship tile i.e. ceramic. I cannot say the same for mine. But if NASA ever calls me up to say they need my ring, I will do my civic duty and give it up. Go America.
Part 2 of the Wedding Band chapter - I accidentally wore my wedding band to work. It was like one of those accidents where you don't really mean to but deep down you really want to. Like running over a bird. Maybe that's just me. But really, don't you want to nail one when it's flying? Calm down, calm down. I took the band off, it's back in the box.
Chapter 3 - The Invites Are Released Into the Wild
It was a rocky start but they acclimated to the wild quite quickly. Hope they make it where they need to go, because I certainly did not tag their ears. Farewell, little ones. I will not forget you.
Now that they are gone, I can post pictures of when they were tame. Sigh. Seems like so long ago when they were just little scraps of paper. They grow up so fast.
Sidenote: My students are working on similes. One of my students is still slightly confused as today he said to me, "You're as smart as a pancake." I am still debating if this is a compliment or not.
3 comments:
1. It's okay to wear your wedding band around the house, it's kind of like walking around naked: okay to do when you're by yourself but suspicious if you're with other people.
2. I LOVE your wedding invites! It sounds just like you ("undecided on the bells...")
3. "You're as smart as a pancake" is going to be my new catchphrase. I'll quote you, quoting your student, but still, made me laugh out loud.
CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you!
-Sarah Lake
I'm catching up on your blog during lunch today...I've never read it before, but I saw people raving about it on Facebook and I must say that they were correct in doing so. Erin, it is taking all of my effort to keep my giggles at a minimum as I read, so as not to disturb my lovely office mates who are are not so fortunate to be on their lunch break at present (they've raised their eyebrows at me a couple of times...). You are hilarious! You sum up the wedding planning extravaganza perfectly, and I am enjoying your comments tremendously.
Best of luck in these last couple of weeks before your big day!
~Brenda
you are both wonderfully wonderful. I thank you for you compliments and assurances that I am indeed not crazy. and I just figured out how to read comments so go blogging me.
Post a Comment