Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Official

I had a student that would regularly say, "Mrs. J, you are the World's Greatest Teacher!" (Yes, I heard the capital letters in his voice. And yes, he was one of my favorites.) This is not a true statement, as students say this every year to every teacher they have in elementary school. (And even though every teacher knows this, we still love to hear it. We are a sad, sad group of people.) I would always respond, "Unfortunately, there is no proof. Also, if I were, where is my salary raise that goes along with this distinguished honor?" (He would laugh, then continue to do the next mini genius thing on his to do list. Start a revolution, begin a letter writing campaign, show his appreciation to educators..)

At the end of the year after the students' award assembly, he walked to the podium on the stage, in front of teachers, students, and parents, and awarded me a very distinguished honor indeed. "Here you go, Mrs. J! It's official and you finally have proof."


"Thank you! Now, where is my raise?"

2 comments:

Kris Schrage said...

hahaha i didnt know the story behind it! too cute!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

awww...that's a cute story...way to go...about the raise..im sure it's coming

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com