Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Into the Valley of the Mildly Insane and Approaching the Universe of Completely Bonkers

I DID IT. I PAINTED A DRESSER. Many hours, dollars, and moments of creative insanity later...
Some lady was getting rid of her dresser on craigslist. I paid 20 dollars for it. (I then put in more money to make it pretty than I paid for it. Ah, such is diy. It's not cheap. It should be, because most of the time it comes out looking like crap. And then you're like, "Well balls, I could have just bought the real thing." But you can't put a price on creativity. Oh wait..never mind, I just found my home depot receipt for my "creativity.")

And then I PAINTED A BEDSIDE TABLE. I was feeling so good about the dresser, I did it again. Then I painted a milk liter bottle. I just got really into painting things. I even painted the dog. I swear it was an accident, PETA. (She looked super good though.)

Next project: Rip out all the landscaping in the backyard. And then PAINT! Husband better hide the bbq. I'm thinking...Sage Green?

2 comments:

Erika said...

A perfect description of DIY. I fallen in that trap more times then I'll admit! gotta love the land of good intentions.

Kris Schrage said...

hahaha, you can come paint here anytime!!!! looks amaze-balls.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com