You know how right after you break up with someone your world is "like, sooooo over," and food will never taste the same again and you can't imagine how life will go on, and blah blah blah? (ok, I feel like if you just broke up with someone, you shouldn't read this, because I do not want to make light of your situation. I am sure you are very upset. It's an upsetting thing. Tell me how you feel. Later. I am busy right now comparing your horrible situation with my job.)
Apparently, this is my life now. I break up with my old class, have two and a half months to get over it and THEN you're stupid friend (the "oooooommmmgggg, he was a loser, move on and move up is what I always say, plenty of fish in the sea, go date other people to get over him" friend aka the school district) forces you back into the dating scene waaaaay too soon. Like the still wearing sweatpants because you gained a bit of weight from emotional eating stage. (Ahhh.. yes. That would be my summer.)
So I am back to work with my brand new class. They aren't like my old class. My old class "got" me. I am reminiscing about all of our good times together and the laughs we had. And by laughs, I mean the laughs I forced them to make because their grade depended on it.
This leads me to two realizations:
1) The only way I can get "married" to my "boyfriend" is to pull a Mr. Feeny on their asses and stick around until they graduate from college, and
2) I miss my ex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i can imagine...i always used to miss my old teacher...hope your new class is great!
this was a very interesting metaphor! you are such a clever person.
Post a Comment