I have had a sudden and disappointing drop in ratings. I am Matt Lauer without Katie Couric. I am not even sure if that reference is correct. I do not dabble in morning television. (i.e. when I wake up, I do not watch the news, I watch recorded episodes of Workaholics. I truly love that show. Their target demographic, I am not. Seriously, I hear words on there all the time that I have to look up in urban dictionary to understand the reference. I am learning so much.)
At the end of last year, I was handed a lovely thank you card. (This is what teachers get instead of bonuses. My heart sings, but sadly, no summer trip to Europe. Hello Sir, do you accept thank you cards from children as a form of currency? You do not? How utterly surprising, because apparently I do.) The card read: "Mrs. Jensen, thank you for all that you did for me. You are my second favorite teacher." My parent volunteers promptly made it official, and had my principal and the ex first lady of the state sign it to make it pretty. It is currently hanging next to my other accolades: "World's Best Teacher"... and well, that's it really.
Please experience my meteoric rise to mediocrity with me as I attempt a third straight title this year. It's my Rancho Chupacabraj. (That is embarrassing. Don't ever tell anyone I understand that reference, let alone use it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment