Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Laker Fan by Marriage

I am the worst Laker fan ever.

Once upon a time, there was a basketball team in Seattle. Let's call them the Sonics. I used to watch those guys with my dad all the time. I was all about rooting for the underdog. Way more exciting when they actually won. About the time the Sonics disappeared, the Thunder appeared. 

Weird.

Anyways, I was without a team and then got married to a lifelong Laker fan. Ugh. So naturally, I became a fan by marriage. A fan by marriage is different than just a regular fan. 

-I cheer for the other team.
-I take naps during games.
-I buy the jerseys because now they make these sweet, soft vintage-y ones that are tres tres adorable.
-I go to games so I can wear my super cute jersey.
-I never admit to the team's actual talent... everything good that happens gets classified as "lucky."
-I secretly side with the home team announcers when they Lakers are away.

Gotta go. The Lakers are on and I am due for a nap.

Zzzzzz......

3 comments:

Morgan Reece said...

first of all...i hate the lakers.
second of all...i miss you terribly.
third of all...i nominated you for the liebster award cause i think your blog is hilarious.

here's the link:

http://morganandnormanreece.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

Jenna said...

haha i love this post! i am a lakers fan & my husband is from seattle so he was all about the sonics. lets just say the only statuses he posts on fb these days are updates on the sonics coming back to seattle.

new follower :)

www.thebechtholts.blogspot.com

Mary Claire said...

hahaha my husband and I were dying reading this, I love your blog & your sarcasm!

new follower :)

www.nateandmaryclaire.blogspot.com

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com