Monday, January 5, 2015

Kitchen and Bathroom Tutorial! (Bwahahaha….)

So we wandered aimlessly around Home Deport every Saturday for the past two years waiting for HGTV to sneak up on us and ask what we were doing and do we want a new kitchen/backyard/bathroom??? "Whaaaat, this is such a shock, I GUESSSSSS we have been needing one, I don't know, ok come over and do everything."

Well that never happened. So here we are.

It started out realllllll innocent.

Hey, let's paint the vanity in the guest bathroom.

Oh and rip out the medicine cabinet. And add new light fixtures. The paint looks so ugly with the countertop, we need a new countertop. HARDWARE! Buy hardware. Still don't like it, let's rip it out. THERE IS NO TILE UNDER THE VANITY. Let's buy sort of similar tile and make it work. Didn't work. Here's a brand new vanity, just cover it up. Now the light fixture looks bad, let's buy another one. Now we need storage, let's buy a new medicine cabinet.

A few strokes of paint and some baseboards later….



A NEW BATHROOM! So simple I tell you. And oh so cheap. DIY at its finest. (DIY is for chumps. After the bathroom fiasco, we paid for a professional to do everything else while we sat around and ate bonbons.)

Below are before and after pictures of the kitchen and the staircase. We did not lift a finger. And I love it.







So pinners, if you are here for a tutorial, here it is:

1. Hire a professional.

2. Eat bonbons.

3. Love your new kitchen.

You are welcome.

1 comment:

Morgan Reece said...

Hahah love. I hate DIY. It all "looks" so simple .... Til you go to do it. Ugh. Also... It all looks fabulous. Love the kitchen.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com